A FABULOUSLY FRUGAL LIFE Headline Animator

‎"When I learn something, when I know something, when I find something. I always want to share it.
Because life is better when you share it." - Oprah

Monday, July 11, 2011

2 Little helpful hands and flapjacks= Happiness

On sunday morning, I woke up to: "Mommy! It's a bright and beautiful day! Wake up!" :) And then....
"Can we please make chocolate chip flapjacks, mommy?".
I replied with one eye closed, "Okay, let's go make it". She smiles and hugs me and then says,
"Yesssss! I will make it with you and you eat some too, okay?"

So funny how very excited she was about  adding the chocolate chips in the pancake. While I was getting ready in the bathroom,  she climbs on top of the counter to get the chocolate chips from the cupboard. Then when I went to the kitchen, she shows me the measuring cups placed near the stove and says,  "Here, it is ready, now, let's start cooking".







She did not like it as much as the usual fluffy ones that I make her,
good thing I made more of the plain ones.


"See mommy, I knew you'd love it"

I thought that was really thoughtful and super cute!

"Thank you, dear. I enjoyed the flapjacks very much" :)

What a way to start the day.

 We had one sweet sunday breakfast. ('~')




Here is a good pancake recipe for children allergic to egg whites:

1cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
cooking spray


Directions
  • Combine flour with white vinegar and milk, mix it well, then add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk until all lumps are gone.
  • Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.



Life is not perfect all the time, but you have to find ways 
to keep you going, to feel good about, to create your happiness. 



Mingaw kau ko nimo gi, unta naa ka dire sa amo kiliran.

No comments:

Post a Comment