A FABULOUSLY FRUGAL LIFE Headline Animator

‎"When I learn something, when I know something, when I find something. I always want to share it.
Because life is better when you share it." - Oprah

Friday, July 8, 2011

Easy Marinara Sauce from scratch



This is a recipe I found 3 years ago in a magazine.
My daughter who is a very picky eater loves it! 
I like how it's so quick and easy to make,  
it's natural, and  tastes very delicious. 





Peel and chop the tomato


Chop Fresh Basil 


Chop  Fresh Italian Parsley


Heat olive oil in medium heat and  then add minced garlic.
Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.


Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
Once it boils, simmer uncovered in low heat for 20-25 minutes



Stir in basil and parsley, then cook for 1 minute.

Serve over cooked pasta.


Easy Spaghetti in Marinara Sauce :)




Here's a list of ingredients that yields 6 servings

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
6 pounds coarsely chopped peeled tomato
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup fresh parsley
About 1 pound uncooked pasta.


I prefer making this than buying the sauce in a jar. It certainly tastes better.






Gahandum ko nimo kanunay gigong

No comments:

Post a Comment