A FABULOUSLY FRUGAL LIFE Headline Animator

‎"When I learn something, when I know something, when I find something. I always want to share it.
Because life is better when you share it." - Oprah

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Yes you can transform an ugly chest


I got this ugly chest for $5 from a family who is moving back to the UK.
 It was extremely ugly haha, but I took it cause I was looking for a toy storage.

For a long time it was put aside.
After completing a nice wood staining project,  I was sooo bothered by it's ugliness!

Thanks to my family, who are into Do-it-Yourself projects, an idea came upon me!

The paint was flaking, so I sanded it.



Next, I stained it with left-over Dark Walnut Wood stain.



Added some hardware: upholstery nails LOL...
I thought: Oh well, I can't remove them now, so might as well put more!
Then once the first coating dried,  I added more stained stain to darken.




Ugly Chest Transformed.



Now a sexy beauty that serves as a coffee table/chest.

Cost: under $10


No comments:

Post a Comment