A FABULOUSLY FRUGAL LIFE Headline Animator

‎"When I learn something, when I know something, when I find something. I always want to share it.
Because life is better when you share it." - Oprah

Friday, July 1, 2011

My De Sede of Switzerland sofa : $100.00 Retail Value: A SHOCKER

I got a surprise, so big, that it literally made me gasp  and flip. I was curious about how much I could sell  my current sofa for, so I can replace it with a softer one.  
My beau calls it the "back breaker". 
I remember the lady whom I bought it from way back in mid 2008 told me that I am very lucky to get it for $100.00. She said, "If only I could take it back to Europe, but I have to leave in a couple of days." She said she paid something around $5,000. I said, okay. I decided to buy it because:
1.)  I needed a loveseat, and my budget was $ 150.00 LOL
2.)  It was genuine leather, which was impossible to get for $100.00, what designer furniture can you buy for $100  these days in California?  LOL.. it was too good to be true for me.
3.)  It was new, no damage and they had no pets in the house.


This sofa is very heavy, that my  2 friends and I were so exhausted after moving  it to my place. So I thought yeah, it could be worth something. It was a good deal.


Today, I searched for the brand De Sede of Switzerland, which is found on the inner fabric lining of the sofa. I found their website :  


http://www.desede.ch/en/


Wow very modern design. I love every furniture they have.


Then I found my sofa! the DS-2011  here:


http://www.desede.com/en/home-sector/collection/sofas/ds-2011/   


In this picture, it is black, mine is off white. And you can order it in the color and texture of leather that you desire. At this point, I was very happy to know that they have it on their website so I can send the link to prospective buyers.





But it did not have a price, so I searched for it on google since I now have the model number and found this listing on:


                                                        switchmodern.com  


                    http://www.switchmodern.com/Sofas/De-Sede-DS-2011-Sofa.asp







THE SHOCKING PRICE:

$8,820 - $12,360 


Wow, being the frugal woman that I am , this gave me so much happiness today! 
I have an expensive De Sede of Switzerland sofa?!  I could not stop laughing.




   This is the last time she can ever do her  planking  on my fabulous De Sede sofa.


                       Money spent on this fabulous European furniture: $100.00 in 2008
                                     Current retail value: $8,820 - $12,360
                                                     NOT FOR SALE  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment