A FABULOUSLY FRUGAL LIFE Headline Animator

‎"When I learn something, when I know something, when I find something. I always want to share it.
Because life is better when you share it." - Oprah

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Smooth, fabulous skin for less than your small cup of latte.

I would like to share a home made wax recipe, that is ancient and super natural. It took me a while to perfect the cooking part, but the waxing part is very easy to do. This recipe is a blessing. I do not want to spend $60 plus tip on a reputable spa for my waxing, and my skin is very sensitive. But I want a smooth silky skin always. So I tried this. I did not give up after 3 times in failing to cook the wax, but once I got it the 4th time, I was thrilled.

It's very simple. 

In a pan, mix

2 cups of pure white granulated sugar.
1/4 cup lemon
1/4 cup of distilled water





Cook it in medium heat, stirring constantly


Once it boils, simmer it in low heat while constantly stirring. 


Using a cooking thermometer (you can buy this in grocery stores in the cooking supplies area), take the temperature. Once it reaches 250-265 degrees, then it's ready. Once it cools, the sugar wax is ready. Wax on, wax and all hair off. :)


Results:  frugabulously smooth skin.

Cost: Less than a buck for the sugar and distilled water. 1.5 bucks for the lemon.

For a complete instruction on cooking the sugar wax and hair removal, watch the following videos:




No comments:

Post a Comment